|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world's health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives.
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities. We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs include Project Baseline - our research initiative to increase participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo - our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug - our effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining machine learning with sterile insect technique. We're also actively working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like Healthy at Work.
This position is within the Advanced Imaging Group, which investigates emerging technologies and translates them into products. The focus areas include cameras, image processing, machine learning, and illumination. Currently, the team is working on improving visualization for surgical applications.
- Implement FPGA designs using Verilog and System Verilog.
- Develop robust simulation models and self-checking test benches.
- Design FPGAs to control and readout image sensors, synchronize multiple video streams, perform low-latency image processing functions, and communicate with various peripherals.
- Design test and verification methods and capabilities for electronics and electrical systems.
- Perform formal release of documentation to support regulatory and quality requirements for medical devices.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years FPGA design using Verilog or System Verilog.
- Experience with image and video processing, signal processing, communications and control functions.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA families and Vivado.
- Significant experience in medical device or other regulated industry.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Demonstrated success in launching projects in a regulated environment.