|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
We're looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team!
Advanced Drainage Systems is seeking an Engineer that has experience in buried structures on a national scale. The Senior Engineer role can expect to engage in a diverse portfolio of projects, build internal & external relationships to drive standards and grow the business, and formulate & execute key strategies. This role will also be hands-on researching and developing new designs and products while overseeing all the activities related to each project.
To be a successful Engineer within our Product Design function candidates will possess and practice effective problem solving, clear & concise communication, a collaborative approach, and an aptitude for managing risk.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and consult on the design of high quality products while being financially responsible
- Interact with internal & external customers to identify needs and market trends.
- Track designs through the stage gate process and recommend go / no-go decision for products under development from a structural perspective.
- Collaborate with key partners internally (i.e. Materials Science) to ensure materials are in line with product needs.
- Analyze existing or future installation to determine suitability from a loading perspective
- Assist with forensic analysis on structural failure/distress on products.
- Involvement in ADS activities with ASTM and other standards organizations to develop, modify, and review design standards.
- Work with outside consultants and contractors as it relates to structural design or analysis.
- Field oversight and investigations of test installations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong technical expertise and experience working in high-functioning engineering organizations.
- Technical understanding of CAD, structural design, and FEA (finite element analysis).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in articulating technical engineering topics clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Statistical and Data Analysis Knowledge
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering or commensurate technical degree
- Experience with structural design of buried structures
- Minimum 5-10 years industry experience
- Ability to visit construction sites
- Ability to lift 50lbs