|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
About the role
Playbook is seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead our engineering teams. You will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and scaling infrastructure across all of our services and applications, managing the existing group of backend engineers, and growing the team through internal mentoring and external hiring.
The ideal candidate has experience building high performing teams and developing top notch engineering culture, a ruthless sense of prioritization, and a predisposition to action.
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale our marketplace technology empowering the next generation of fitness, health & wellness professionals
- Help identify and translate business opportunities into product strategy and define technical vision for your team and the company
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor multiple teams of high performing engineers remotely
- Manage and grow a team of engineers working on Playbook's core infrastructure by providing guidance, support and mentorship
- Work alongside the CTO to develop a scalable engineering culture for top talent
- 3+ years of managerial experience, including relevant startup experience, preferably at the Seed or Series A stage
- A strong engineering background including years of being in IC engineering roles, preferably working in backend and/or DevOps roles
- Experience managing architecture of a large-scale platform in rapid growth environments
- Proven track record of building top talent and high performance teams, directing multiple teams and engineering leads
- Strong prioritization, written & verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, including strong English fluency.
Please provide examples of engineers for whom you've guided their technical and career progress.