|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Senior Engineering Manager
Storable is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring a team of engineers and be accountable for the team's overall performance through the next phase of Storable's growth. Successful candidates will have outstanding analytic capabilities and a track record of delivering successful products as both a developer and lead. The ability to prioritize changing demands in addition to being extremely process focused in a fast paced environment is a must. The successful candidate must be a passionate, transparent, and straight-forward leader and communicator, energized by the idea of developing talent and a world-class engineering organization.
If people and technology are your passions, you're the one we're looking for.
- You must reside in the following states: TX, NC, CO, KS, MO, PA, IL, IN
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do Everyday
- Own and champion the development process: SDLC, coding standards, code-reviews, check-ins and builds, issue tracking, bug triages, incident management. and testing
- Build and maintain a high performing software development team including hiring, training, and onboarding
- Identify opportunities to eliminate non-value add activities to enable our developers to do what they love best - developing! No pointless meetings, no unnecessary interruptions, no random changes of course, no new problems from on high dumped in their lap each month
- Identify growth opportunities for team members to continue to learn and develop in a supportive environment
- Provide an engaging and challenging landscape for career growth
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and motivation to the engineering team to sustain high levels of productivity and morale
- Collaborate with Product Management on product requirements
- Champion and advocate for the engineering team to the rest of the organization
- Create a positive culture of fairness, quality, and accountability while challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to light
- Participate as a member of Storable's Engineering Leadership team to build a high performing organization across multiple locations.
What You Will Need To Bring To The Table
- 7+ years of software development experience, 3+ years of development leadership experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership and people management skills
- Experience with agile development processes
- Hands-on experience in driving/leading technical efforts in cloud-based applications
- Proven track record of driving quality within a team, with a commitment to automated testing
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively influence product at different levels of abstraction and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent coding skills to provide guidance and craftsmanship for our engineers
- Technical acumen to provide solid judgment in situations so you can provide the optimal short term decisions without sacrificing long term technology goals
- Demonstrated critical analysis skills to provide continuous improvement of technology, process, and productivity
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That's why we've built the industry's first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
Benefits And Perks
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Engage remotely! In March of 2020 we transitioned to a fully remote environment and we run regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours.
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a 'take what you need' vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More - Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for once-in-a-lifetime Bucketlist experiences!
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.