|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Senior Software Engineer, you will lead global software development teams to deliver on multiple medium to large sized enterprise wide projects concurrently. You will be overseeing the maintenance & modernization of existing systems as well as development of new applications & systems. Working with business users & management in a collaborative environment you will offer input into requirements & alternative courses of action. You will also get an opportunity to work with Architects and staff engineers to shape the architecture of the product/application.
This position will sit out of either our Reading, PA or Tampa, FL office, working on a hybrid schedule.
- Effectively lead teams through the application lifecycle (discovery, framing, design, develop, test, release and support) based on detailed requirements
- Recommend conceptual designs and architecture, producing deliverables for multiple medium to large complex projects on time and under budget
- Troubleshoot / Debug to optimize performance and perform problem analysis
- Collaborate with product owners and facilitate working sessions to acquire and understand requirements / acceptance criteria and translate into technical requirements
- Collaborate with product owners on user acceptance testing and quality assurance, ensuring the deliverables are adequately tested
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals, and deploy plans.
- Participate in Design and Deploy Tollgate reviews and gain buy in from cross-functional teams including QA, Architect, Security, Webmaster and Operations
- Effectively document systems, software architecture and processes, including application documentation, dependency diagrams, etc.
- Provide constructive input to department management regarding team members assigned to projects and assist in their performance and development planning
- Conduct new hire technical interviews Penske Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience
- 10 years experience of appropriate programming languages dependent upon the role (Java, RPG, etc..)
- 2-4 years of experience working with Agile teams.
- 1-2 years of experience leading medium to large sized projects and diverse teams.
- Ability to conduct new-hire interviews.
- Expert knowledge of the full system development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them in software development.
- Ability to take ownership of multiple applications
- Ability to effectively communicate with business and IT leaders.
- Ability to design and recommend architectural frameworks and database designs
- Ability to accurately estimate and lead medium to large size projects
- Ability to train end user groups on how to use the completed solution
- Strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.