|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Our client, a leading Military & Defense company, is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to perform advanced engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversees installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems. This is a Direct-Hire position at a U.S. Air Force Base in Azraq, Jordan.
- Designs and implements cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Performs design work for new construction, renovations and improvement projects for real property facilities
- Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards
- Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers
- Develops cost estimates and time schedules. Reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy
- Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets and status reports and prepares final construction drawings suitable for obtaining qualified bids from contractors
- Prepares architect and engineer (A&E) Statements of Work (SOW) and serves as a technical representative for negotiation and/or administration of contracts
- Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering
- Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in mechanical design service including determination of HVAC loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, and interior plumbing design
- Working knowledge of design review, project mobilization, quality compliance, QA, safety, and project controls.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and Project, etc
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering required; Master's degree in engineering preferred
- Minimum eight (8) years experience in mechanical engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of automatic control systems
- Experience in the use of documents relating to the development of projects, contracting, and construction is necessary