|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Alfa Tech Consulting Engineers, Inc. founded and incorporated in 1989, is a full-service engineering design consulting firm that offers expertise in a wide range of engineering, technology, and architectural design services, more specifically, Mechanical, Electrical, and Process (MEP) Engineering Design, Commissioning and Energy Solutions, Sustainability, Architectural Lighting Design, and Project Delivery.
Furthermore, Alfa Tech's commitment to building dynamic relationships is what sets us apart. We are as attentive to the needs of our clients and partners as we are to our own ideas and solutions, which we feel truly makes us team players. Careful listening is our first priority. Without it, we could not offer the most innovative and appropriate solutions. With it, we've built a stellar list of clients.
Our focus has always been on providing innovative solutions to our clients' needs in the most sustainable methods possible. While we provide a breadth of services and expertise in multiple markets, again, our biggest differentiator has always been our methodology of listening first before providing solutions that live outside the typical paradigm and set the industry pace for successful invention.
This position requires a self-motivated person, solutions-oriented, driven, organized, a critical thinker who is team-focused, and capable of independent detailed work. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will assist the Project Manager or Principal in Charge and work on a variety of projects, from small to large, providing a very high level of technical leadership. They will represent the firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. In this role, you will be responsible for making significant design determinations under the direction of the Project Manager or Principal in Charge.
- Lead and manage the mechanical and/or plumbing design on multidisciplinary projects.
- Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction.
- Perform a wide array of design functions, including equipment selections, system sizing, load calculations, product specifications, and design layouts for mechanical systems.
- Prepare mechanical design calculations, develop drawings, formulate technical specifications, and create technical reports for review and submission.
- Capable of in-field audits/investigations, surveying existing conditions, feasibility studies, basis of design reports, and recording information about building components.
- Familiarity with mechanical design software and other complex engineering tasks.
- Implement best practice engineering methods and produce drawings consistent with client requirements and standards.
- Establish project budgets and schedules.
- Implement ATCE quality assurance procedures during the design process.
- Review product data submittals for conformance to contract documents.
- Coordinate, support, and communicate with colleagues across disciplines.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the mechanical project team, conduct strategic evaluations, and propose innovative solutions for technical design issues.
- Manage tasks as required to ensure work is completed on time and budget.
- Attends and is an active participant in the design and construction project team meetings.
- Must exhibit technical competency and be able to design projects and direct/train junior engineers and designers.
- Ensure that designs are compliant with Building/Energy Codes, and LEED standards.
- Responsible for completing California Title 24 Energy Compliance documentation and other local energy codes for out of state work.
- Capable of working in the field on a construction site.
- Performs submittal reviews and ensures timely responses to RFIs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Math accuracy
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical design experience for consulting engineer or design-build contractor with demonstrated data center design experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification in the State of California preferred.
- Highly knowledgeable of codes, standards, and construction/engineering processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with multiple project deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Revit, AutoCAD, and ProCore.
- LEED Accreditation.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Vacation/Sick/Holiday
- Half-Day Friday's (On the last Friday of the month)
- Other Benefits
AlfaTech does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to AlfaTech employees or any other company location. AlfaTech is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or Company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company for this specific role.
Colorado applicants not eligible