|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Pony.ai is a startup co-located in Silicon Valley and China, our mission is to revolutionize the future of transportation by building the safest and most reliable technology for autonomous vehicles. Armed with the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, we aim to deliver our technology at a global scale. We believe our work has the potential to transform lives and industries for the better.
We're looking for a full-time Senior Mechanical Engineer with experiences in Structural Design and Analysis, and effectiveness in managing competing priorities, accountable for the following
- Work with multidisciplinary, multi-site groups, define, design, and launch effective and reliable products/modules for pony's next-gen autonomous driving system.
- Perform structural analysis and design optimization
- Define hardware validation and test plan
- Point of contact for mechanical-related issues and countermeasure during manufacturing, deployment and operations.
- End to end design experience of a safe and reliable mechanical system from concept through launch
- Familiarity with CAD and PLM tools such as Solidworks or equivalent
- Hands-on experience of fast prototyping
- Strong knowledge of multiple material and manufacturing processes e.g. sheet metal, plastic
- Strong knowledge of FEA analysis and CFD, familiarity with tools such as Ansys or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of performing the structural test
- Working experience in the automotive industry is a strong plus
- Design experience for mass production product is a plus
- Experience with Matlab, VBA, Python, or other scripting languages is a plus
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent with 3+ years experience
Pony.ai, Inc. ("Pony.ai") is pursuing an ambitious vision for autonomous mobility. We aim to bring safe, sustainable, and accessible mobility to the entire world. We believe that autonomous technology can make our roads exponentially safer for travelers. Founded in late 2016, Pony.ai has been a pioneer in autonomous mobility technologies and services across the U.S. and China, spearheading public-facing Robotaxi pilots in both markets. The company is currently valued at $5.3B and some of its major investors include Toyota, OTPP, Sequoia Capital China, and IDG Capital.