|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Ground Support Equipment)
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000
Who we are:
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients. We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mechanical Engineering and Documentation role:
- Adhere to Syncroness Quality Management System processes.
- Assist in sales process for scoping, estimating, and quoting future projects.
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking.
- Collect, develop, and analyze design inputs.
- Implement product design utilizing engineering principles and standard engineering tools.
- Develop and modify designs using SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC Creo.
- Perform engineering calculations for sizing and stress.
- Set up and execute finite element analyses.
- Apply experience, critical thinking, and expertise leading or participating in design reviews.
- Identify design and product risks and mitigations.
- Communicate with vendors, team, and Project Manager for the advancement of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other disciplines including Electrical, Systems, and Software Engineering.
- Compile and present engineering documentation so product designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory requirements.
- Develop and execute test specifications.
Mechanical Engineering Leadership role:
- Serve as primary technical resource and/or lead teams.
- Provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Complete technical review of team member work.
- Interact with customers to derive requirements and communicate technical direction.
- Work with Project Management and Systems Engineering to understand system-level requirements, define and implement actions for Mechanical Engineering team members, and identify scope creep.
- Contribute to Syncroness' Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for the advancement of career and exposure of Syncroness.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering from an accredited college or university plus 7+ years of engineering and product development experience
- Minimum of a Master's Degree (M.S.) in Engineering, Engineering Management, or Business Administration from an accredited college or university plus 5+ years of engineering and product development experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using engineering principles without supervision.
- Demonstrated experience with Aerospace Ground Support Equipment (GSE) or related structural design.
- Knowledge of application of AFSPCMAN 91, AISC, and AWS standards related to structural design.
- Solid experience in product design and development including ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Proficiency in CAD packages (preferably SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC Creo) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis using Ansys Workbench.
- Ability to generate hand calculations in Mathcad to support design decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage time among multiple projects effectively.