|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of Senior Project Manager-Heavy Civil for our George Reed, Inc. faciltiy.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for growth and development.
George Reed, Inc has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager-Heavy Civil in the Modesto/Sacramento area. The ideal candidate must have extensive experience in Civil Engineering. This position plays a critical role in our organization and will be responsible for estimating and managing complex projects, both public and private. This position will also prepare estimates independently or as a team member, typically as its leader in the direction of the Chief Estimator and, in some instances, Construction Manager. Furthermore, the Senior Project Manager/Estimator will also coordinate the project schedule and produce monthly progress reports while maintaining the integrity of the projects to ensure that the production and completion schedules are met. Individual responsibilities for the projects will increase depending on the project complexity. Required skills include business development, client relations, subcontractor-vendor relations, excellent time management, leadership, and efficiency.
- Pursue projects to bid
- Schedule quantity takeoffs
- Prepare estimates using software by HCSS
- Prepare estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages: Conceptual, schematic design, design development, and construction documents
- Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve problems
- Work with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process to review plans and specifications for issues and to determine the general requirements of the project
- Ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic preconstruction alternative
- Compile and analyze subcontract quotes
- Review estimates of Junior Estimators
- Submit prepared bids assuring accuracy and completeness
- Prepare construction and subcontract agreements
- Arrange construction schedules
- Coordinate project schedule into overall operations schedules with Construction Manager.
- Schedule appropriate crewing, equipment, subcontractors, trucking, and materials.
- Produce monthly progress billings and sub pay estimates.
- Follow up on collections.
- Review production status daily with Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Superintendents
- Assure that the project team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process.
- Analyze progress consistently and compare to budget (estimate) to avoid overruns and costly delays.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-10 years in the Civil Engineering Field to include experience in public and private works such as roads, bridges, and subdivisions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software programs as they relate to engineering and estimating.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Ability to work the hours required to support the role of Senior Estimator/Senior Project Manager
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university preferably in the civil engineering or construction management area; and/or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.