|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Title: Senior QA Engineer
Classification (FLSA): Exempt
Position type: Full time
Reports to: Director of Software Development
Summary / Objective:
In your role as a Senior QA Engineer, you will be a testing subject matter expert on your scrum team and ensure we release high-quality software with minimal defects. You will work closely with Development and Product leaders on refining the project scope and proposing testing strategies. You will utilize your understanding of customer use cases and the technical functionality of the application in order to construct thorough test cases, troubleshoot complex issues, and provide guidance to others on the team.
Our Senior QA Engineers bring a quality-focused mindset to the scrum teams and promote thorough testing practices, which allow us to maintain a strong track record of delivering high quality software on every release. Our teams solve challenging problems ranging from automating complex schedules to developing optimized user interfaces for visualizing schedules. If tackling these kinds of challenges sounds interesting, we'd love to talk to you!
- Work with Development & Product Leadership in early stages of feature planning to help shape the product and establish a testing strategy
- Be a testing subject matter expert on specific features and functionality of QGenda
- Build test strategies for product features, write and execute test plans, and review testing result
- Provide a daily state-of-testing update to the scrum team and Dev/QA leaders, communicating any issues that pose a risk to timely and high-quality delivery
- Work closely with automation engineers to ensure quality and thoroughness of tests
- Build, review, and execute regression tests on every release
- Triage inbound critical defects and work closely with the team to reproduce issues
- Offer solutions and improvements to our test methodology and processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience testing a SaaS web application
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for web and mobile applications
- Experience testing iOS and Android applications
- Experience with agile software management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience with test automation is a plus
- Experience mentoring or coaching is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills and upbeat personality
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years experience as a QA engineer within an agile development team
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements :
- Computer-based work environment.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods
- Lifting of 5 - 10 pounds.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Powered by JazzHR