|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace for construction services. A data platform that ingests and analyzes a vast amount of construction data, enables us to cull through millions of contractor records, identify and match the most qualified with our clients. On the application layer, project owners can manage their communications and workflow through planning, bidding, and hiring (pre-construction); construction businesses can manage their client pipeline, and drill down to work through the bidding process with an individual client.
We're a lean but growing product & engineering team that is having an outsized impact on the company and industry as a whole. As a software engineer on the team, you'll tackle a range of projects that align with your strengths and interests. Opportunities exist across back-end web, mobile, data processing, infrastructure, and full-stack application development.
The ideal candidate is energized by tackling a broad range of challenges across the stack and is excited about playing a key role in building a platform that is positively impacting an enormous industry.
- Responsibility for the full product lifecycle, from planning, through design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Craft elegant and extensible solutions, at scale, using modern Front-End frameworks and technologies to deliver features that people interact with, and rely on, every day.
- Collaborate closely with other Software Engineers and key stakeholders from other teams (e.g. operations, growth, sales) during the planning and design stages, synthesize feedback to iterate and improve on BuildZoom systems.
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in a professional team-based environment.
- Academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Exception verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ruby on Rails