|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
This position is eligible for a minimum $20k Sign-On Bonus
Sign-On Bonus is not available to internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
We're an employee-focused team collaborating across departments, including Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Integration and Production.
As a Sr. System Safety Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of engineering hardware and electrical drawings and schematics assessing for fault tolerance, latent hazards, and safety requirements compliance
- Work with test and tactical operating and maintenance procedures to assure the proper administrative controls are in place
- Work across all integrated product teams and lines to properly eliminate hazards or provide effective controls.
- Collaborating with Program Management and government approval authorities from program startup through production to demilitarization and disposal backgrounds
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Performing System Safety Program or Design analyses
- Managing a large system safety program or multiple mid-sized safety programs, including:
- Monitoring program technical execution,
- Interfacing with stakeholders (eg customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors)
- Mentoring Jr. Engineers
- Preparing Safety Assessment Reports and Safety Program Briefs for Customer Approval
- Briefing safety of the program at technical reviews and as part of the safety approval process
- Interpreting system requirements, customer specifications and military standards
- Preparing internal and customer reports describing various analyses relevant to the System Safety program
- Collaborating across multiple disciplines to gain a full understanding of product architecture and design
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 3 years' experience OR a PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required for this role OR in absence of a college degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with: System Safety Engineering, System Engineering, Software or Firmware Engineering, or equivalent Safety Engineering experience in Aerospace, Automotive or Medical Device areas
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with DoD System Safety Programs
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, with the ability to manage a safety
program and provide direction to supporting safety personnel
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
If your skills don't synch up with the Requirements for this role, please check out the Systems Safety Department's other open positions in Tucson and Massachusetts!
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Senior Engineer, Systems Engineering
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.