|Location||Schenectady, New York|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Service Experts Company Perks and Benefits for YOU
Top Pay for Top Performers, including incentive and bonus opportunities, depending on the position
- Up to $130,000 on average First Year Total Compensation" Total Compensation is Hourly plus Spiffs/Commissions Depending on Center this could be more
Generous PTO provided
- 19 paid days off within your first year of employment (vacation, personal holidays, & national holidays)
- 24 paid days off after your 2 nd year of employment
- No layoffs during "Slow Season" - due to our extensive customer base, you will never have to worry about not being able to provide for your family year-round
- Ready to get out of your work truck? We have ample advancement and career-growth opportunities available across the U.S.
- Hold on to your more of your paycheck with Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance programs
- We provided wellness program options for free employee medical
- Company-provided smart phone, tablet, uniform plan, and tool replacement program
- We ll make you better at what you do with our internal Training Academy
- Best-in-class 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with attractive company matching contributions
- Company-paid employee Life Insurance with options for YOU and your Family!
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options that will protect you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, and health advocacy programs
Come join the BEST and the BIGGEST team in HVAC: Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning, & Plumbing!
- High school diploma or GED with additional training and experience in all aspects of commercial HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Skilled at servicing commercial (rooftop) heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on commercial HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow on all commercial systems with little or no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Skilled at troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, and related commercial equipment with little or no supervision.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver s license with acceptable driving record.
- Two years experience performing service and maintenance work on commercial HVAC equipment and related accessories.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas.
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Works under minimum supervision to perform commercial (rooftop) service and maintenance calls, following company and customer safety protocols.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Diagnosis and performs service on commercial heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspects equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
- Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning as needed or required.
- Responsible for delivery and removal of parts and equipment needed to complete service work.
- Using hand-held device records all required information on customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Communicates with dispatch while on duty to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability.
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Lead Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Represent our company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed.
- May train other commercial service/maintenance/install technicians, as assigned.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities
- Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
- Reports any contravention of legislation or company policy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
- Corrects substandard acts or conditions within area of control.
- Uses and maintains appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Never removes or renders ineffective any safety guards, devices, or clothing prescribed to be in place or worn.
- Complies with the general rules as prescribed by company program(s) procedure(s)
- Operates devises or equipment as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Participates in any safety initiatives, teams, or committees.
- Reports all injuries or incidents as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s) immediately.
- Provides input on developing safety initiatives and plans to eliminate exposures that could cause accidents.
- Does not perform act that may endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- Does not engage in any pranks, contests, or rough boisterous behavior.
- Works in compliance with applicable legislative requirement.