|Location||Granite City, Illinois|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic for our NEW location serving Granite City School District !
Now offering a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus (Offer Expires: 07/31/22) !
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
We offer competitive hourly pay between $20 - $28/hour (NOT flat rate) and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $3,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply. Offer Expires: 07/31/22
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent, year-round work
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Student, you ll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records for our customers vehicles. Other job duties as a Lead Fleet Technician will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate computerized work orders and track progress through completion.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
Qualifications for Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman
- Valid driver s license required.
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other management role.
- Mechanic s tool set
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to obtain ASE certifications while employed (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!).
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.