|Date Posted||August 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Site Security Officer Lead
US - Corporate
No. of Positions
Summary: This position is responsible for a variety of tasks to include Site Security & Safety functional support. This position reports to the Regional Security Director and will work closely with site leadership, Asset Protection professionals, EHS Leaders, Law Enforcement, and outside consultants if required. The primary objective of this position is to manage the site, proprietary security, 3 rd party security services vendor, safeguard employees/facility/grounds, manage/implement security programs, and be a first responder in a crisis. This position will require working non-business hours and potentially weekends and some travel.
- Security & Safety Services of the (site)
- C-TPAT Champion
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the 3rd party vendor security services.
- Directing visitors and controlling access at all Security Posts.
- Monitoring CCTV, security and fire suppression systems.
- Patrolling and securing areas inside and outside the facility.
- Documenting security and safety-related incidents.
- First Responder to a Crisis Situation. Provide First Aid / CPR / AED.
- Implementing and development of physical security improvements.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education or Experience:
- High School Degree required, and/or higher education preferred. Plus 3 years or more related security/law enforcement/military experience.
- C-TPAT and/or Regulatory Compliance experience is a plus.
- Supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel, Power- Point and Outlook.
- Extraordinary physical fitness is essential and proficiency in martial art and/or other defensive skill is desirable.
- CPR / AED / First Aid Training.
- Strong leadership skills including effective oral and written communication, issue resolution, negotiation, motivating others, collaboration, team player, ability to deal with obstacles, and partner with senior management to identify/solve problems.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, drug screen, and psychological screening process is required.
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing.
- Have a valid driver's license, and clean driving history if driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Strategic thinker to identify and minimize exposure to global emerging trends and threats as they relate to the site.
- Able to work independently, without direct supervision, under wide ranges of physical and mental stress. Responsive to supervision and direction but has the capacity for independent initiative when required.
- Understands the word "confidential" and able to keep a secret - takes pride in being able to do so.
- Selfless dedication can subordinate self-interests to the protection mission.
- Mature thought process, high emotional intelligence with a positive outlook.
- Even-tempered and not prone to physical overreaction.
- Exhibits a friendly, positive, and professional demeanor at all times.
- Personable and sociable, can interact with people at all levels. Have excellent people skills for dealing with all levels of corporate associates.
- Good native memory with keen powers of observation.
- Mentally Flexible - changes gears easily and not rattled by unexpected changes.
- Broad Interests and awareness of current events.
- Able to work independently, without direct supervision, under wide ranges of physical and mental stress.
- Will strive to grow in their professional development within the company by seeking training and opportunities that will increase their value to the unit.
- Sets the example for others to follow.
General Admin & Services
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers