|Date Posted||June 12, 2021|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate small construction related equipment for various construction projects involving demolition, earthwork, underground utilities, etc.
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include skid loaders, boom-forklift, mechanized trencher, roller, compaction plate, and numerous hand-held power tools.
- Perform pre and post-operation inspections of equipment in accordance to standard safety and company policy measures.
- Monitor equipment constantly to ensure proper running condition in order to avoid down time, clean and maintain as needed.
- Work closely with and under the direction of a Forman/Superintendent.
- Assisting with general construction layout, saw cutting, excavations, shoveling, pipe installation, BMP installation PVC laying/gluing, backfilling/compacting, etc.
- Equipment installation for remediation projects
- Other general labor as required
- Ensure that all field procedures and safety protocols are followed in compliance with ETIC- and client-specific requirements
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- 2+ years of verifiable equipment operating experience
- 3+ years verifiable skilled construction laborer experience
- Proven track record of safely and effectively operating a wide variety of small construction equipment
- General knowledge of small equipment maintenance in order to problem solve issues and prevent equipment malfunctions or deficiencies.
- General knowledge of carpentry, concrete forming and asphalt
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral communication and comprehension skills
- Excellent professionalism and teamwork needed
- Willing to travel overnight and work out-of-town up to several weeks at a time if necessary
- Experience in erosion control and installing BMP
- Experience working outside and is willing to endure typical hot and cold weather conditions
- Experience physically carrying heavy loads between 50-100 lbs. frequently, with full body movements including: standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, pushing and pulling with both hands daily.
- Ability to safely perform all tasks and duties on a day-to-day basis
- Must meet company defined, pre- employment and annual alcohol/drug screen and background check.
- Valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
Powered by JazzHR