|Location||Summit, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Manager that will reside within
Cards and Merchant Services Technology (CMST), a technology arm of Consumer Lending Technology (CLT), that executes the Wells Fargo Technology strategy and offers a strategic technology perspective to Credit Card and Retail businesses. Our teams provide technology solutions to the businesses and manage the application portfolios through the skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and satisfaction as enablers.
This position is responsible for technology strategy and execution in support of Credit Cards Operational Data Store utilized globally across Wells Fargo. This leader will be overseeing software development and application production support for Credit Card and Retail Operational Data Store, the associated Microservices and Data APIs. Strong understanding of credit cards business and experience in payment technologies is essential. Also recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long-term business/customer/Data requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends.
The position will lead an agile engineering team supporting technology solutions development across multiple product or capability domains. In this role, you will partner with business product managers, lead data engineers, and senior engineers to develop a product based data strategy for the various cards domain(s), including development of actionable short and long-term product roadmaps and shaping prioritized features. You are also responsible for overseeing engineering teams to deliver commitments aligned to strategic product priorities. Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of senior engineers and lower level engineering managers and assist in hiring top engineering talent. Collaborate within and across agile teams to design, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and methodologies.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of individual contributor engineers and less experienced engineering managers
- Ensure the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third party providers
- Engage in mentoring and guiding the professional and technical development of more experienced engineers
- Identify and recommend opportunities for developing product functional and technical strategies for the domains, as well as the development of actionable short and long-term product roadmaps, by partnering with business product managers, lead systems architects, and more experienced engineers
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding strategic products of engineering teams to meet business objectives
- Oversee engineering teams to deliver commitments aligned to strategic product priorities
- Interpret and develop security, stability, and scalability within key areas of technology risk
- Collaborate and consult with agile teams and product managers to drive outcomes
- Interact directly with third party vendors and technology service providers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for technology engineering
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- 4+ years of Java experience and/or .Net experience or a combination of both
- 3+ years of microservices development experience
- 3 + years of cloud computing experience to include PCF, Azure or AWS
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ year of MicroStrategy experience
- 2+ years of MongoDB experience
- 2+ years of Kafka experience
- Experience with FDR and related Credit Card data and processes
- Ability to travel domestically
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.