|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We're on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Software Engineering Manager, Experience to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
What you'll do:
- Design, estimate, and create new user-facing features on the web. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components to ensure that they run reliability, at high performance, and adhere to our visual design and accessibility standards.
- Contribute to the career development of others, meeting regularly with direct reports, providing frequent feedback on their work, helping individuals set goals to ensure employee growth and retention goals
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with product owners, and other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives
- Conduct code reviews for teams on a regular basis
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the engineering team
- Lead efforts to document processes and create training materials
- Prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Scale by delegating effectively; ensure tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging
Who you are:
- Education, training or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- Understand service-oriented architectures and React micro frontend architecture
- 7+ years of professional experience with software development
- 2+ years experience of people management
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, TypeScript, Jest, storybook, Redux and redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development and Agile software solutions like Clubhouse, JIRA
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.