|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
Prepare, organize and maintain Facilities and Maintenance parts records using SAP system. Maintain spare parts at satisfactory inventory level. Assist Facilities and Maintenance Department with spare parts inventory reduction to assure lowest cost and, at the same time, optimal inventory level. Suggest improvements and changes to minimal inventory levels to ensure spare parts availability based on monitoring of the spare parts usage.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively maintains the spare parts inventory system and its business processes.
- Manage CCRs associated with Quality released materials
- Perform periodic inventory counts of spare parts
- Receives ordered spare parts and places them into stock.
- Supports maintenance and reliability initiatives.
- Provide support for locating and ordering out of stock and/or obsolete parts
- Works with spare parts vendors regarding onsite vendor managed parts.
- Liaises with Purchasing and Master Data for all new parts
- Seeks ways to increase operational efficiency and the conservation of company resources
- Maintains a professional, courteous, and respectful relationship with customers and maintains a positive feedback/customer satisfaction rating
- Assists Facilities and Maintenance department with SAP work orders.
- Reviews and screens each work order to see that the scope of work is clearly described, assesses the priority and requested completion date for realistic goals and discusses the details of requested work with originating department as necessary
- Plans and schedules preventive maintenance work in coordination with operations and Engineering & Facilities personnel
- Ensures job kits are created and made available as scheduled in SAP and ensures backlog is maintained within recommended quantity
- Manages inventory to ensure spare parts availability for Facilities and Maintenance activities.
- Create purchase requisitions for ordering non-stock items
- Processes open Purchase Order goods
- Ordering stock parts
- Creation of Bill of Materials (BOM) for preventive maintenance and new equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Technical training preferred
- 04-06 years related experience required
- Experience managing spare parts
- A tradesman knowledge of mechanical / electrical parts preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Strong knowledge of SAP, preferred
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.