|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Conduct technology investigations in support of Masterflex New Product Development Team. Address customer "pain points" and/or opportunities by conceptualizing and building proof-of-principle models. Keep abreast of market and technology advances with an eye for how they might be incorporated into Masterflex products to provide exceptional customer experiences. Work with cross-discipline technical teams in designing and fabricating electro-mechanical feasibility models. Tenaciously pursue unique solutions and networking with NPD peers to facilitate technology transfer. Diverse assignments/projects that include HW and SW development.
- Design, develop, and troubleshoot electronic circuits and PCB assemblies
- Design and develop analog and digital embedded electronic circuits to meet performance, cost, assembly, test, and project schedule objectives for assigned projects
- Perform technology Investigations (Examples: sensors, motor control systems)
- Support feasibility models and demos by designing and building breadboard circuits
- Develop high-level project status update presentations
- Contribute to the technology roadmap ensure that new features under investigation track with the product roadmap.
- Investigate opportunities to improve development efficiencies
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi; Arduino; and similar packages to support proof-of-concept studies (and develop programming code to support said packages)
- Stay abreast of latest technology advances and evaluate potential for future new feature development investigations
- Identify and establish relationships with subject matter experts outside of Masterflex Division
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree from ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or Mechatronics
- Serial communications (RS232, SPI), TCP/IP
- 5 years of engineering product development or R&D experience
- Hands-on experience designing, fabricating, and debugging circuits (analog and digital)
- Basic project management proficiency
- Familiarity with high-volume production fabrication processes
- Experience working with outside consultants and universities to support development activities
- Sensor, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Cloud, and BLE Experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.