|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
The Sr. Estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and helps to ensure innovation, competitiveness, profitability, and growth while helping to maintain and develop relationships with new and existing customers. The Sr. Estimator will be expected to prepare cost estimates for Plan and Spec customer Invitations to Bid, as well as design-build conceptual budgeting, for commercial and industrial electrical construction projects. Since this is a Senior level position, a key responsibility of the incumbent will be the training and mentoring of Estimators & Estimator Trainees.
Since 1912, Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group, Inc, has provided comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western U.S. Sturgeon Electric has two divisions, offering both power line construction and commercial/industrial electrical construction, making it a full service electrical provider.
Sturgeon Electric's Commercial and Industrial (C&I) electrical construction division specializes in large-scale commercial electrical projects, telecommunications, traffic signalization, gas distribution, high voltage distribution service and maintenance to clients. Sturgeon Electric has experience performing projects under Integrated Lean Project Delivery methods, and also offers pre-construction services, in-house pre-fabrication capabilities, and Building Information Modeling (BIM) capabilities
- Prepare accurate labor and material cost estimates
- Review respective contract bid documents and advise Estimating team of requirements
- Follow company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for Estimating
- Help develop strategies for being awarded projects
- Help maintain and develop estimating database
- Develop relationships with clients
- Assist other members of the Estimating team with cost estimates and bid package preparation
- Assist in the review and evaluation of Estimating staff performance
- Participate in a team approach to most estimates and work with other estimators
- Coordinate as necessary with Project Management
- Contribute to maintaining and updating the bid log
- Prepare bills of material and other information for use by Project Management
- Determine project requirements via field walk -downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency as well as data entry
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
- Assist management in the estimate review process with internal & external stakeholders
- Follow-up at the end of the bidding process to help close any loops in the estimate scope
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company-designated office
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional and ethical standards, if applicable
- Working knowledge of Chicago and local electrical codes
- Proven ability to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blueprints, proposals and other relevant documents
- Working knowledge of electrical materials and methods of installation
- General knowledge of engineered material costs
- Proficient with Accubid, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office applications
- Team player mentality
- Self-driven with the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time while working independently
- Minimum of 5 years with electrical construction estimating experience
- Experience in MEP design-build and conceptual budget pricing required
- Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
Compensation & Benefits:
- Weekly pay via direct deposit. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Teledoc, Hearing, Prescriptions, Mental Health, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Short Term Disability, Retiree Coverage and Life Insurance under LINECo - (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) - $15 weekly premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (our Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employee and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include a background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.