|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Manages, directs,and coordinatesall aspects of work related to new and upgrade pipeline projects for natural gas and NGL pipeline systems, natural gas plants and compressor station projects throughoutthe company.Projects are large scale, company-wide,with the highest complexityandhighest risk.Createsand maintainsthe schedule and budget for the project, managesday-to-day construction activitiesand overall strategy, and reportsproject progress to all project stakeholders through regular meetings and reports from conception to completion.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Provides overall management oflarge, high riskprojects from concept to completion for complex projects including routing, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, construction management, and closeout.
Provides critical thinking input to senior management on strategic decisions regarding project viability, best tactical options, and methods to yield optimal results
Developsand evaluatesproposalsincluding scope of workandcost estimates and schedulesas well asassistsin presentations for future projects
Leads all project effortssuch as strategic planning, scope management, budget, planning, legal/public relations considerations, project staffing, environmental compliance, schedule attainment, risk management, and change management.
Plans and designs a broad range of engineering projects in collaboration with internal and/orexternal stakeholders.
Ensures project results meet the requirements regarding technical quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness and performance are met in processes.Initiates action required to keep project on schedule/budget as needed.
Developsanddefinesproject concept, scope, technical requirements,and specificationsof other engineersto ensure compliance with engineering principles, standards, statues, codes,regulations,and design.Coordinates with clients to plan for project executionand resolves related technical problems.
Providesmonthly forecasts for project expendituresandensures project resultsmeet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability,schedule,and cost.
Reportsregularly on progress, cost and schedule, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support
Plans,organizes and coordinates projects as well as trains, advises and directs lower-levelEngineers.
Recommends process safety engineering approaches and activities to demonstrate emerging techniques and solutions. Gains consensus from stakeholders on safety-related impacts and their priority.
Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and responding to risks over the course of the project. It includes both minimizing the consequences of adverse events and maximizing the results, guides implementation of the risk mitigation plan to ensure successful project and program completion.
Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in Engineering is required
- A minimum of 12 years related experience is required; employees typically have 15 or more years of experience. Oil and gas industry or construction project management experience preferred
- Eight years Project Management experience required
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards (ASME, ANSI, API, NACE, NFPA, CFR, etc.)
- Experience managing contractors, schedules, change orders, etc.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional travel may be required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.