|Location||New Berlin, Wisconsin|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with a well-established and growing company in the Southwest Side of the Milwaukee, WI Area on a highly visible and direct/hire permanent Sr. Structural Engineer position that has very strong growth potential.
The company services a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. They have 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. The company is a customer-driven manufacturer and focuses on optimizing quality, driving efficiency, and ultimate value to their customer's products. Their dedication and investment in Research and Development has resulted in the fastest go-to-market solutions for their customers.
The company offers a very strong compensation plan (base salary PLUS PAID OVERTIME), an extremely flexible schedule (i.e. EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF, etc.), an outstanding full benefits package, relocation assistance (if needed), and the opportunity to be a part of a company with an outstanding culture and solid opportunity for growth.
- Perform analytical calculations to compute the stresses developed in structural and mechanical components of crane. Knowledge of different static and fatigue failure theories is required to compute the design life according to industry standards.
- Evaluate the static strength and fatigue life of fasteners (welds, bolts and keys), shafts, bearings, gears. Experience in steel design standards like AWS D1.1/D14.1 and AISC is a must.
- Use of MathCad, ANSYS, KC Developed Programs and other in-house built analytical tools to perform and present mechanical and structural calculations of crane components conforming to the specifications of NOG/AISC/ASME/AGMA/CMAA/ NUREG/EN/KTR. Develop programs in MathCAD, Excel and APDL to standardize and automate these calculations. The ability to perform calculation is vital in order to validate a calculation using a secondary/independent method of analysis.
- Build detailed 3-D ANSYS models of overhead, gantry and jib cranes to exactly simulate the behavior of trolley, bridge and the complex motion of rope during a seismic event.
- Perform global and local buckling analysis of crane and crane components using eigen-value analysis, nonlinear analysis and analytical calculations that meets CMAA, FEM, EN and NOG-1 requirements.
- Perform optimization of bridge girders and other crane components subjected to various geometry and functional constraints like buckling, yielding and fatigue.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with steel
- Master's Degree in Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- SE or PE License in Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience performing structural calculations for material handling equipment.
- A working knowledge of North American and European material handling related Codes and Standards such as ASME, NOG-1, CMAA, NRC, AISC, IBC, ASTM, AGMA, AWS, ANSI, EN, ISO, DIN, and KTA.
- Ability to climb stairs or ladders on cranes to inspect cranes and/or take measurements.