|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of monitoring engineering, designs and administers the messaging infrastructure environment including hardware and software infrastructure components.
IT - SR. MONITORING/AUTOMATION ENGINEER FOCUS:
- Required working experience with BMC TrueSight (EUEM/Coradiant), Nagios, and/or SolarWinds Orion preferred
- Demonstrated technical experience with industry standard (SNMP, agent based, remote polling) monitoring technologies, with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments
- Demonstrated working knowledge of network protocols and services (TCP/IP, SNMP/v2/v3, SSH, DNS, routing protocols)
- MCSA/MCSE is preferred or at a minimum, advanced understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems administration
- LPIC/RHCE is preferred or at a minimum, advanced understanding of UNIX operating systems (Red Hat, Debian, Raspberry Pi OS, etc.…)
- Preferred working experience or knowledge one or more of the following: DataDog, OpenNMS, Concord, Splunk, XPOLOG and Tivoli
- Strong understanding and knowledge of ITIL framework best practices for IT Service Management
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of related experience; or a Master's Degree with 3 years of experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Experience in a System Administration, NOC, or IT operations role with expert troubleshooting ability.
- Certification in Networking or System Engineering highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of End User Experience monitoring tools.
- Required working experience with system and network monitoring tools preferred.
- CCNA Certification preferred or at minimum working understanding of networking and Internet protocols.
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of server, networking stack, backup, storage and virtualization platforms tools and concepts as they relate to monitoring.
- Advanced administration of large scale monitoring environments.
- Demonstrated technical experience with industry standard monitoring technologies, with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of network protocols and services.
- Demonstrated working experience in Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Experience in multiple scripting languages is preferred.
- Understanding of underlying application platforms.
- Experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards for various levels of users and providing reporting and status information clearly and at actionable levels.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, planning, interpersonal, project, and time management skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills and service-oriented approach.
- Detail-oriented individual capable of working both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise technical documents and presentations.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.