|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Raytheon Technologies has an outstanding opportunity for a Principal Supplier Engineer embedded with one of our Integrated Supplier Teams (ISTs). In this critical role supporting our Collins Aerospace/Pratt & Whitney Pillar, you will be involved in all aspects of planning and executing the production of our wide range of weapon systems, from tactical missiles to strategic defense products. In this role you will leverage your technical knowledge and process capability expertise to improve supplier performance. You will be involved in all phases of product life cycles, beginning with proposal development, new product development, advanced manufacturing initiatives and continuing through production implementation. You will ensure technical data packages are complete and accurate and that the supplier technical performance meets the objectives of quality, cost and schedule. You will drive Raytheon design requirements to improve manufacturing and quality capabilities of suppliers . You will initiate continuous and measurable design and process improvement of supplier hardware for affordability.
This hybrid role will combine telecommuting with as needed on-site presence. Proximity to one of the locations listed in the Additional Details section of this posting is required.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Communicate and translate the technical data package to suppliers
- Define, communicate and verify configuration requirements
- Conduct supplier engagements related to capability, capacity, opportunity, and risk
- Ensure product and process capability across the supplier's value stream, including sub-tiers
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities within the supplier's manufacturing and quality systems
- Perform technical evaluations in support of cost and price analysis
- Manage supplier requests for product and process changes
- Manage product non-conformances
- Drive root cause and corrective action
- Proactively identify supplier risk and develop the mitigation plan
- Prioritize and execute improvement opportunities
- Actively participate in program / engineering reviews and change boards
- Communicate the technical health of our suppliers to stakeholders
- Support travel as needed (up to 50%)
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Engineering plus a minimum 8 years' relevant experience in a manufacturing environment or an Advanced engineering degree plus a minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Master's degree in a related Engineering field or Business Administration
- Experience with Engineering interpretation of technical documentation
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or supplier management
- Experience in Statement of Work (SOW) generation
- Experience in Risk Management
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience presenting to senior level leadership
- Experience supporting business and functional deliverables
- Experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with SAP and PLM systems
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Tools
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Check us out on YouTube!
- Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
- Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
- This position may be based in one of the following locations: Tucson, AZ or Andover, MA
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.