|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Professional Engineering Consultants
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
PEC has an opportunity for a Survey CAD Technician in our Wichita, Kansas office. The position requires the ability to use the complete suite of drafting tools to their full capabilities for intended day-to-day use, a strong understanding of the field data acquisition, processing, and manipulation to create and store project information in a repeatable and efficient manner, and knowledge of the workings of the CAD environment to allow for development of improvements in our methods to increase efficiency and productivity. The Survey CAD Technician works closely with the Team Lead, Field Surveyors, other CAD Technicians and Design Engineers to prepare working drawings in the required and established formats.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all-encompassing. Each person is expected to help as required to deliver a quality product within the scheduled time:
- Performs computations by hand and by computer software. Uses experience, education, and judgment to make informed decisions. Retains knowledge and builds on previous experiences; thus, increasing capabilities in breadth and complexity.
- Organizes multiple tasks and completes them in an orderly fashion.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with Team Leads, Survey Crew Chiefs, other Survey Cad Technicians, Design Engineers, and PEC team members to complete required tasks.
- Checks drawings for accuracy and may supervise other CAD Technicians as needed. Prepares working and final drawings. Produces clear and concise survey drawings using company standards.
- Organizes project files and drawing files in a manner that is accessible and understandable for current and future use.
- Works with others within the entire Survey Division to review and create standards and helps implement the standards.
- Researches, understands, and can re-create historical survey data and its relevance to the overall process.
- Understands design plans and can develop construction staking plans and points in XYZ format. Works closely with construction staking crew chief.
- Understands budget constraints and keeps the Team Lead/PM informed of workload.
- Meet and understand critical deadlines through efficient time management and effective communication.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive experience with Autodesk Platform including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and integration of other survey software into the Autodesk environment.
- Experience with Micro Station, Geopak, InRoads and familiarity with KDOT preferred but not required.
- Understanding of the Public Land Survey System, ALTA Surveys, Utility Mapping, Property Descriptions, Easement Exhibits, Right-of-Ways, and other Cadastral Survey protocol.
- Understands use and operation of typical survey instruments.
- Ability to read and understand survey drawings, from both internal and external sources along with job specifications to analyze processing objectives and job requirements.
- Strong computer skills including proficient knowledge in Windows/Microsoft software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, video phones, photocopiers, etc. At times, and with as much available notice, field duties may be required. The position requires mobility, and the employee is frequently required to sit or stand for extended periods at a workstation and reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Ability to frequently lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds, and ability to occasionally lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.