|Location||San Francisco, California|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
This position is eligible for a minimum of $30k Sign-On Bonus
Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
As the Section Leader for System Safety Engineering, you'll directly support Land Warfare and Air Defense programs.
As an experienced System Safety Engineer familiar with working with sensor, effector, and command & control designs from development through production and sustainment environments you will be required to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to balance priorities, ensure alignment and communicate safety expectations at all levels in the organization.
To effectively support our programs and section members, you'll have had exposure to multiple safety programs across different Mission Areas/Product lines. In addition, you'll have experience interfacing with U.S. Government (USG) Safety Review Boards.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
As a System Safety Section Leader you're responsible for the following:
- Employee performance development and assessment for 15-20 employees
- Employee productivity improvement
- Budgeting and manpower planning
- Cost proposal and EAC preparation.
- Working with System Safety practitioners to understand program safety tasks, safety issues and providing appropriate direction
- Implementing System Safety Engineering program tasks, ensuring technical integrity and accuracy
Additional responsibilities will include the following employee-focused areas:
- Employee performance development and assessment
- Employee growth, productivity improvement, and recognition
- Budgeting and manpower planning
- Personnel issue resolution
- Ensuring compliance with company policies/procedures
- Ensuring all personnel are properly prepared and trained for the scope of their tasks and leveraging best practices across all programs
Some travel may be required. 5% Domestic, 0% International
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR an Associate's degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree in a related field and 5 years' relevant experience may be considered for this role. In absence of a Bachelor's degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- Engineering experience
- Experience with proposals, project or program management
- Leadership experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with System Safety
- Familiarity with Performance Development process
- Ability to motivate team members by providing an open environment conducive for each employee to reach his/her full potential
- Familiarity with management of program support, subcontractor oversight and customer relationships.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability to handle stressful situations
- Experience with RMD proposal process
- Demonstrated consistency, accountability and flexibility managing multiple and competing priorities
What We Offer: We offer a robust total rewards package that includes compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Manager, Systems Engineering
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.