|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
This position is eligible for a minimum of $10k Sign-On Bonus
Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable, and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability, System Safety and Supportability.
We seek professionals with a drive to work in diverse teams or independently as required, and the ability to apply technical competencies with creative ingenuity in solving technical software or systems problems while exceeding customers' expectations. As a Systems Sustainment Analyst II you'll interface with both internal and external customers and attend and brief working groups, Program Design Reviews, and Technical Interface Meetings. As the ideal candidate you will be able to review technical information and recommend a solution and/or create content for required product area. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of system sustainment.
As a Systems Sustainment Analyst II, potential areas of specialization include:
- Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
- System Safety Engineering
- Software Safety Engineering
- Human System Integration
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Obsolescence Engineering
- Availability Engineering
- Field Engineering
- Technical Documentation and Training
- Logistics Supply and Transportation
- Repair and Upgrade Engineering
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Assisting with engineering analysis supporting system design with respect to Reliability, Maintainability, System Safety, Human Systems Interface, Logistics support and other sustainment disciplines
- Reviewing technical documentation for accuracy and compliance with existing standards
- Researching content and gleaning information from technical, soft skill and/or business documentation as well as engineering personnel or other technical subject matter experts
- Identifying concerns, suggesting solutions, and following through to closure
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant experience OR an Associate's degree and 5 years of relevant experience. In absence of a Bachelor's degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with engineering, logistics, sustainment, support plans, system fielding, preparation of briefing materials or data gathering and analysis in a military or civilian environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of briefing material
- Internship or co-op experience with a defense contractor and/or government agency
- Ability to influence product design to optimize product supportability
- Familiarity with associated Military and Commercial supportability Standards and Practices
- Ability to review technical documentation for accuracy and compliance with existing standards
- Ability to identify concerns, suggest solutions, and follow through to closure
- Experience with database applications
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care
This job is on-site and located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Analyst, Engineering Services
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.