|Location||Winston Salem, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
HanesBrands Inc., (HBI) is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world's best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We're building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
Position requires the expertise to interpret creative design concepts in to the development of new apparel prototypes that can be manufactured in mass production through accurate product specification completion. Technical fit is a primary focus, along with appropriate construction direction to ensure brand integrity and consistency. As a member of the Global Standards Team, this position will be instrumental in establishing and standardizing all processes, guidelines and expectations around technical design on a global basis. Position completes product specifications to support both the development and production phases of the prototype lifecycle for both the internal supply chain as well as the external supply chain (direct vendor relationships and/or agent relationships). . This position will give strategic direction to global partners on how to resolve daily obstacles related to the technical design function (field questions and resolve issues related to the successful execution of both green seal (base size fit approval) and red seal (full grade fit approval) related activities.
- Initiate development specs for each prototype with defined sketches, block reference, grade rules, construction and measurement details to create accurate prototype and generate accurate cost.
- OWNS FIT. Leads fit session to document technical adjustments to reflect creative design's comments around aesthetic approval and to improve the garment as it relates to adherence to specification, construction, the overall appearance and fit enhancements. Provides construction options to creative design in order to reduce cost.
- Supports the fit by one strategy and tracks vendor performance against this metric.
- Collaboration with the Global Standards Block development team to maximize correct interpretation and accurate use of blocks by silhouette by gender.
- Creates final full garment spec to reflect all fit, construction and performance details that can be manufactured in mass production.
- Adherence to the product design and development calendars of multiple businesses that run parallel to each other..
- Cross functional and international communication with accurate reporting and tracking, as well as providing direction to solve daily issues.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to achieve the technical fit appropriate for the product category, size, and gender group.
- Conduct fit evaluation reviews with creative design and/or technical partners as required using live fit models, fit forms, or both.
- Achieve base size fit approval (green seal) as well as full grade fit approval (red seal).
- Interpret creative design direction through illustration with a technically correct and accurate sketch to include specific prototype feature details, stitching, placement, etc.
- Communicate details to achieve the desired prototype sample balancing written verbiage with illustrations and photographs.
- Provide garment measurements for both base size and graded sizes appropriate to the prototype styling and size/gender category to achieve the desired aesthetic and technical outcome for sample development as well as to support manufacturing.
- Provide construction details to achieve the desired aesthetic and technical performance outcome for sample development as well as to support manufacturing.
- Provide bill of materials details and usage requirements (fabrics, trims, accessories, attribution) to achieve the desired outcome for sample development as well as to support manufacturing.
- Responsible for the following components of the manufacturing specification: sketch, bill of materials and usage, graded measurements, construction details.
- Development Process - technical design will execute the development process and associated requirements for the respective PD&D calendar to ensure the work is completed in a timely manner to support overall on-time calendar execution.
- Track and communicate expectations on prototype sample timing requirements to meet the deadlines established in the respective PD&D calendar.
- Provide input to improve the PD&D process to support optimum speed-to-market.
- Minimum Education required: BS/BA degree in an apparel and/or textile related field,preferably in fashion design.In lieu of degree, 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience required 1-3 years in a technical design role with experience in multiple product categories across multiple size and gender groups.
- Proficiency in garment specifications, how to measure garments and flat sketching
- Working knowledge in pattern making, understanding of fit/balance of garments, leading fit sessions, grading and garment constructions.
- Ability to evaluate and select fit models based on body type as defined by brand
- Work with live models and fit forms to make adjustments on balance, fit and construction.
- Knowledge of fabrics and trims and their performance in garment form.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time while maintaining adherence to calendar.
- Clear, concise and standardized communication in both written and verbal form.
- Establish priorities and determine action plan to manage workload.
- Problem solving skills
- PC Skills - Trained in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Outlook, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Working understanding of PLM system and workflow functions.
- Ability to travel internationally, as well as within the US (30% time).
- Good leadership and strong initiative and attention to detail
- 3D Software knowledge preferred
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: