|Location||Santa Clara, California|
|Date Posted||September 24, 2022|
Trades & Services
Under occasional supervision, installs, maintains and repairs telecommunications systems; installs network wiring for computers and installs and maintains cash registers. Provides technical assistance in general electronic maintenance as necessary. Reports to the Technical Services Foreperson.
- Monitors operation of the telephone and voice mail systems and performs maintenance and repair work as necessary.
- Performs telephone and voice mail system programming.
- Installs and repairs telephone instruments and related peripheral equipment.
- Generates reports on telephone/voice mail system usage and traffic volume.
- Updates routine telephone lists and other records.
- Installs, maintains and repairs cash registers.
- Installs network wiring for computers.
- Assists with other technical services duties as required, including troubleshooting or repairing sound systems, games, alarms, etc.
- Assists in supervising daily activities of assigned seasonal employees.
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Communicates with and helps to coordinate efforts of telecommunications vendors.
- Performs all work in accordance with established policies and procedures, codes and regulations, and standards of quality and safety.
- Attends workshops, training, meetings, etc., to stay abreast of industry trends, products and resources.
- Receives and reviews various records and reports including work orders, repair tickets, rehab lists, etc.
- Prepares and/or processes call accounting reports, purchase orders, inventory lists, telephone lists, work orders, daily reports, etc.
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, technical manuals and diagrams, trade magazines, parts catalogs, etc.
- Operates a vehicle, Cushman cart, and various office equipment including computers, cash register, da5ta terminal, adding machine, copier, telephone, two-way radio, communications equipment, etc.
- Uses computer and clerical supplies, meters, measuring devices, diagnostic equipment, parts, cabling, soldering iron, various hand and power tools, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other Park supervisors and staff, co-workers, guests, vendors, contractors, telephone company representatives, etc.
- Requires a vocational diploma in telecommunications and/or electronics maintenance and repair work, or related field supplemented.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.