|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Our client is one of the top multi-disciplinary engineering firms in New Orleans. They are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer / Civil Engineer to join their team. The right candidate should be adept in identifying solutions to a wide range of complex transportation problems within a multi-disciplinary team environment. This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefits such as, health, dental, and life insurance, 401k retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays.
- 10 years of experience as a PE with traffic analysis and design
- preferred experience in urban freeway traffic analysis and design, traffic forecasting, capacity analysis, and traffic simulation.
- Experience with analysis of transportation systems
- corridors and intersections, environmental studies
- Preparation of corridor studies safety studies with crash analysis and countermeasure identification
- Experience with signal warrants, signal timing, and traffic signal design
- Perform Traffic Impact Assessments (TIAs)
- Prepare Traffic Signal Design Plans and Traffic Signal Timing Plans
- Design and capacity analysis of interchanges/interchange modifications, roadway segments, intersections, and roundabouts
- Prepare geometric layouts of intersections, corridor improvements, including detail plans, design calculations, cost estimations
- Must be able to perform and manage traffic data collection to local and state standards
- Ability to be able to compose recommendations and clearly communicate analysis and recommendations in written reports.
- Have prepared Traffic Engineering Reports for LA DOTD using the Traffic Engineering Process and Report standards
- Familiarity with use of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Louisiana
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certificate, preferred
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Certification in LA DOTD Traffic Engineering Process and Report (preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform modeling / analysis using VISSIM, VISTRO, SYNCHRO, SIDRA, HCS, Highway Capacity Analysis and Trans CAD
- Proficiency with MicroStation and AutoCAD
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.