|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Trades & Services
Trailer Mechanic Technician Pay Scale: $20-$34 an hour* (Depending On Experience)
Great Technician Benefits:
- $6,000 Retention Bonus Possible
- Paid Weekly
- Quarterly Bonus Payout
- 401K Matching
- Paid PTO Days
- Tool Purchase Program
- Boot Program
Essential Duties Include:
- Trailer Mechanic must have enough experience or proper training certificate to perform basic air brake maintenance: Complete brake jobs, S-cam bushing replacements, brake chamber replacements and air valve replacements
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of spring and air ride suspensions.
- Proper alignment procedures, R&R torque arms, equalizers and springs
- Trailer Mechanic must have complete knowledge of axle wheel end assemblies including proper installation of hub and drum assemblies, bearings, seals and races.
- Must have complete understanding and knowledge or proper torque procedures for axle nut installation
- Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of electrical wiring systems, including all lights, 7-way receptacles, interior lighting and switches
- Trailer Mechanic must demonstrate the ability to perform minor body repairs and maintenance: R&R body side panels and posts, R&R swing and roll-door panels, R&R roof and floor sections
- Trailer Mechanic must demonstrate the ability to perform minor undercarriage maintenance and repairs. R&R crossmembers, ICC bumpers, spring hangers, dolly legs and bracing, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to weld steel components from various positions
- Trailer Mechanic must have proper hand tools and equipment that would allow a person to perform all of the above tasks. Major shop equipment and large shop tools will be provided by Star Leasing Company