|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
Utilities Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager
Project Managers are responsible and accountable for systematic and consistent execution of projects which may include the supervision and management of people, resources, and clients for the mutual success of our Clients, Department, and Company. Responsibilities include coordination, communication, and enforcement of Company and Department processes, procedures, and standards and the promotion of Company culture and core values. They are responsible for fostering a positive working environment for their Teams.
Experience in the Design and/or Constructions Administration of Water or Wastewater Utilities (pipes, pumps, lift stations, tanks, modeling, studies, etc.).
This position is located in our Wilmington, NC office and can be either an Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
Project, Client, and Team Management
- Forecast workload and address gaps or excessive workloads
- Manage projects, oversee and delegate tasks, and engage in design of project
- Prepare agreements including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions and communicate to project team members
- Responsible for the financial performance of projects and proactively address changes in scope, billing processes, schedules, and any settlements
- Communicate regularly with supervisor of any significant challenge, deviation from procedures and metrics, or incidents that occurs on projects
- Responsible for oversight and approval of design, construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications and construction cost estimates
- Lead and/or participate in mentoring, career path planning and development (including training plans), performance plans, mentoring, and resource sharing for all supervised Team Members
- Implement effective communication, performance management, as well as identify strategic skills needed to achieve Company, Department, Team, and project goals.
- Foster a positive environment; engage in Company, Department, and Team meetings routinely, team building efforts, and community involvement
Client and Business Development
- Responsible for cultivation of existing relationships including periodic client meetings, proposal and budget development, and obtaining feedback in conjunction with Marketing and Department personnel as required
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling to enhance and expand our existing client relationships during and after projects
- Professional Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership and project management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of contracts, accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven track record of fostering existing client relationships
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
- 7-10+ years of engineering/industry experience with demonstrated team management experience
Preferred qualifications include:
- Project Manager training and/or certifications