|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
Eaton's Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Validation & Verification Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI location.
The Validation & Verification Engineering Specialist is responsible for the validation of embedded software solutions for the eMobility Group.
The Validation & Verification Engineering Specialist serves as a technical subject matter expert (SME) in the area of embedded software validation for HiL/MiL/SiL testing. This role will review embedded software requirements and be empowered to define Validation & Verification strategy to meet customer expectations. This role will coordinate test case development throughout the overall V-cycle process to confirm that system and functional requirements are met for the given phase of the project. The Validation & Verification Engineering Specialist will be responsible for collaborating with team members and engineering managers to estimate development, resources and timing to achieve the desired internal and external customer milestones. The incumbent will have the opportunity to build organizational capability through training and mentoring less experienced engineers. This role will collaborate with and provide technical direction to Eaton engineering centers globally, be involved in a wide variety of projects, and conduct feasibility studies to ensure objectives and program timings are met. This role is the main technical support and interface for software validation to the systems, software and other departments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Lead, review and ensure execution of test cases based on requirements, analyzing the test result discrepancies and resolving through debugging.
- Interface and coordinate with software and controls engineers to perform tests on simulation, software, hardware, and systems platforms to validate proper system performance.
- Engage and lead external partners and internal engineering resources to setup and configure HiL/MiL/SiL environments.
- Evaluate, learn and apply the latest validation methods, technologies and standards to create value efficiently and effectively. This includes automation methods such as scripting, build server, continuous integration, etc
- Develop test procedures to validate and/or characterize software strategy, performance and efficiency in environments such as Hardware In Loop and Processor In Loop for early cycle software development.
- Organize, plan and champion validation efforts including new and existing product redesign by utilizing both in-house and external resources.
- Summarize and communicate test results effectively to required stakeholders in an audience appropriate communication.
- Build and maintain working relationships with the controls and software engineering organization, other functional groups and customers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree from accredited institution required
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience hands on experience as Validation Test Engineer in Embedded Systems (Mixture of Software in Loop (SIL), Hardware in Loop (HIL), Manual Testing, Functional and Regression Testing (Black Box and White Box testing)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Experience in testing embedded software for inverters, OBC and/or DCDC a plus
- Experience with Functional Safety ISO26262 part 6 on software requirement and process
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocol Ethernet, Lin, FlexRay, V2G, etc
- Working knowledge of OEM or Tier1 development process
- Working experience in global team environment
- Working experience with IBM JAZZ
- The ideal candidate would have experience in, or knowledge of automotive drivetrain/powertrain systems and components.
- Project management skills to assess task effort, manage priorities, and report status.
- Good communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
- Experience with change management and software release processes in a team environment
- Familiar with build server frameworks like Jenkins
- Knowledge on scripting languages - m-script, Python, CAPL
- Experience in NI or dSPACE Platform Validation
- Experience in requirements-based testing, script writing, test execution and automation of test cases
- Experience in report generation of test results
- Experience with development of simulation models for HiL/MiL (Matlab/Simulink) environments
- Familiar with SiL/PiL validation methods
- System level troubleshooting and associated lab experience
- Experience in Testing in Software validation in an ISO 26262 based project.
- Experienced in Automotive protocols like CAN and UDS
- Experience with Vector tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe and CANape
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Good knowledge about SDLC Software Development Life Cycle).
- Experience with issue/defect tracking tools such as doors/Jira
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Galesburg MI Loc
VEH Vehicle Group
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :096645