|Date Posted||July 31, 2022|
Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked 114 in ENR's 2022 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
Ardurra is seeking a Water/Wastewater Construction Inspector to join our staff in Huntsville, AL.
In this role you will work as a resident inspector overseeing wastewater and water rehabilitation projects. The successful candidate will serve as the Owner's representative observing construction of miscellaneous water and sewer construction projects. Primary responsibilities will include observing that the work is completed in general accordance with the drawings and specifications, daily field reporting, tracking contractor's installed quantities, witnessing tests, documenting test results and serving as liaison between engineer, contractor, and adjacent residents and businesses.
- Serve as resident inspector on installation of water and sewer conveyance systems as well as rehabilitation of existing water and sewer conveyance infrastructure
- Experience with construction of utility infrastructure projects, especially water and wastewater conveyance projects; observing contractor's construction activities; and reviewing work for compliance with drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of, and ability to interpret, engineering drawings, technical specifications, contract requirements, and construction details
- Knowledge of structural concrete and reinforcement, asphalt pavement installation, site drainage, and building/architectural construction
- Responsibilities will include observing that the work is completed in general accordance with the drawings and specifications, daily field reporting, tracking contractor's installed quantities, witnessing tests, documenting test results and serving as liaison between engineer, contractor, and adjacent residents and businesses
- Typical projects involve the construction of municipal water and wastewater utilities and infrastructure using various construction methods, rehabilitation of water and wastewater infrastructure using various construction methods, as well as mechanical and structural rehabilitations
- Knowledge of construction methods of water and sewer pipe installations, including open trenching and trenchless methods such as jack and bore and directional drilling are strongly preferred
- Qualified candidates may work on one or more projects simultaneously
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent. Civil Engineering related coursework/certifications, Associates Degree preferred
- 5-15 years in the Construction Field or Construction Management/Field Services
- Background in utilities construction/inspections, including mechanical and piping construction required. Previous experience in municipal utility inspections a plus
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.